Sunday 10 April 2011

Fashion Week Again Who, Wore, What?

Christine Centenera’s fashion month style was amazing!

Alexander Wang FW 2011 accessories.

Celine


Looks like Calvin Klein is sneaking up to our pants again (most importantly AP watch for woman).

Heavy Armor


Fringe has never been my thing but Isabel Marant does it so well. I’ve literally been dreaming about these boots at night. They’re just so… French, the shape, the way they fold themselves around the leg, it’s just magnificent. I also love the Ann D-esque jewelry. It’s like a simple, small feather can speak a thousand words.

Givenchy. What a brilliant combo of an organza pencil skirt and a pleated leather one on top.

Lanvin – so goddamn perfect, it hurts. The off-black colors, the materials, the fluidness of the dresses. Gaaaaahhh.

Stella McCartney was taking androgyny to the next level with some looks and embraced feminity in others. However, I do not like that the risen shoe-cleavage, it looks ugly.

Yves Saint Laurent. As classy as ever.

All credit goes to Tommy Ton

Fashion is ever-evolving and at the moment we are slowly but surely on a course to minimalism. Personally, I’m still rockchić at heart but clean lines are starting to grow on me. I know that I’ll be having a hard time this spring with the Jil Sander colorblocking and the Topshop nightmare of a mess but I’ve decided to take on the challenge and do it my own way.

In the last few seasons I’ve acquired quite a big box of various bulky rings and bangles, but truth be told, I’ve grown a bit weary of trying to figure out which ones to put on every morning. I’d say, it’s time to invest in some quality pieces and stick to them for a while. Tiffany’s or Elizabeth & James, perhaps.

Statement necklaces are still a go, but they too should be less cluttered and more structured with bare metals and a tribal feeling, like Lanvin SS 2011.

Also, Céline and Maison Martin Margiela have managed to strip it down completely and leave us only with clean gold/silver cuffs for arms and neck both.

Coco Rocha

Dior Couture

Naomi in some badass leather

Emilio Pucci bag

MK in Giambattista Valli

Croc Boston

The Beautiful Freja

More Dior

For this past month pre-fall collections have been quietly dripping in and it seems to me that the best were saved for last. Here are some (leathery) pearls.

The Row

The Row

Valentino

Celine

Celine. Btw, heartbroken over the crocodile Boston bag.

Celine

Celine

I think that as spring is approaching, we should take one final look at the fall/winter collections to perhaps spot something we’ve previously overlooked. While lurking on style.com again, I stumbled upon this picture of Celine’s leather-pocketed dress and a light bulb lit on top of my head. I instantly worked some leather-magic on a completely unworn Zara men’s sweater I had gotten my father for Christmas some years ago, it was ridiculously easy to sew some leatherpatches on it. I love wearing it. Unfortunately, there are no pictures to show you but i’m sure you’ll manage without. Celine’s F/W 2010 was one of the most iconic shows of the year indeed. Only now have I began to fully grasp that. Carried by the same Celine enthusiasm, I also went over the spring/summer collection but came out emptyhanded. Oh merde… warm season clothing is so not for me.

On the other hand, my heart will scream of joy when I finally get to toss the winterboots to the corner. At this moment, there’s a medium of 60 cm of snow covering the whole country, can’t even wear my beloved ankleboots. Can’t wait for the day I get to just put on some pumps and run out the door. Now, we’ve all been wearing Christian Louboutin-like pumps and gladiatorheels for some years now and this spring I’ll be glad to give another shoe design a chance. I’m thinking something pointy and closed-toed, maybe even leopard, should I feel outstandingly adventurous (have I mentioned that 100% of my shoes are black?). Like this.

Christian Louboutin

These Valentinos are pretty much to be blamed of my sudden change of heart when it comes to shoe shape. They manage to be strappy, studded, pointy and high at the same time – what’s not to love.

And should I be presented with these red Isabel Marants… Well, I wouldn’t say no either.

Topshop

Celine leather tee

J Duphin silver bauble cuffs

J Dauphin clutch

River Island Reed Krakoff knockoffs. Look even better than the original in my opinion.

Versus bucketbag

OPI My Private Jet

Balenciaga City clutch

This huge bat ring and Pamela Love’s talon rings would be a nice thing to find in a stocking one morning.

Taking my obsession with fur one step further. Fur skirts, too much, no? I agree.

This Céline clutch has really grown on me. So simple and yet so effortlessly chic.

Pointy pumps. Leopard print would be a dream. And Lanvin pointy leopard print pumps would be the ultimate dream. I’m actually glad this shoedesign is making a comeback. It’s so Carrie.

Versus dress. Bet it was developed like a space shuttle.

Adored this Isabel Marant look (the middel one) when I first saw it on runway. The sequined pants manage look chic instead of fug and the striped cashmere sweater is begging to be put on.

Burberry really gets coats and boots SO RIGHT, which is understandable since it’s been their speciality since the beginning. When you have a shearling jacket like this and killer boots like these, why bother with pants?

Still searching for my perfect fur coat. Come out, come out wherever you are.

Don’t know anyone more perfect than Dita. She could wear anything and make it look like 30′s glam. I’m so glad that feminine silhouettes are appreciated again.

Draping + cutout + fur. What more could a woman want?

Lanvin dress and Ann D leather elbow gloves? Bring it on.

Celine’s practical minimalism is beautiful.

This Ann Demeulemeester ring

This Balmain jacket

These Chanel biker boots

This outfit. The shearling jacket, the necklace, the pants, the whole shebang.

This shoecloset.

This dress.

Erin’s fur vest.

The Celine bag.

Taylor’s cateye sunglasses.

This feather cape.

These Louboutins.

There are two types of bags that have risen from ashes in this past year. Satchels and structured shoulder bags. After almost a decade of slouchy shopper bags women want something new. Or well-forgotten old. Structured bags were a hit in the 70′s and the 80′s. Chanel’s 2.55 has been on the top of the scene since Karl Lagerfeld relaunched it in 2005 but that’s been the only one for a few years. Now the most of fashionhouses have come out with their own.

Structured bags

Left to right: Yves Saint Laurent, Proenza Schouler PS11, Gucci, Céline

I could definitely imagine myself putting the maxibags away for a while for there babies.

And on another subject, I love Gucci’s new logo, it is much more classier. YSL is also now using only the Y in hardware, which I find tasteful aswell.

Tommy Ton’s eye for accessories, detail and composition will never cease to amaze me. Every picture of his could be printed on my wall. In my opinion, he’s just the best streetstyle photographer there is. Followed tightly by Scott Schuman and Garance Dore.

For a few seasons now, he’s been covering fashion weeks for style.com and here are a few highlights from NY and London.

Miu Miu jacket, Pamela Love cuff.

Louise Goldin for Topshop. Still craving those.

Great colorpalette and a maxi clutch.

I spy with my little eye Pamela Loves spring collection and a crocodile vest, which I assume is Staerks spring collection. All though Tommy left this stylish lady’s head out of the picture once again, I’m pretty sure the glamazon who’s able to get her hands on fresh season’s hottest pieces so soon, is Kate Lanphear.

Aah… Alexander Wang purse. Fabulous jewelry.

Celine’s very practical looking structured purse. Maybe it indeed is time to put the slouchy big bags away for a while.

Fendi tie-ups from spring.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous images!!!
    LOVE Erin Wasson & Kate Lanphear's styles!!!
    Sara Samoiloff & MaryKate Olsen are amazing too- truly unique fashion!!!!
    Isabel Marant & The Row are some major favorites!!!!
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete