Monday 4 July 2011

Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty

Last night I was walking to meet a friend in Knightsbridge when I literally stopped in my tracks and let my jaw hit the floor. I’d completely forgotten about the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty display in the Harvey Nichols windows!
I’m really bummed to be missing the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition, currently on display at the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. But being in London has to be the next best thing. London’s luxury shopping destination, Harvey Nichols, has been exclusively chosen to exhibit a commemorative window display of Alexander McQueen’s iconic designs. To commemorate the late Lee McQueen, Harvey Nichols has 15 of his pieces on display, spanning over a decade. The UK department store is the only one to have been chosen for this honor – and though the showcase won’t match the real thing in NYC, the pieces in the windows are still stunning to behold.
Please be aware I took these pictures at night and they are slightly blurry, but I really wanted to share them with you.
A truly stunning exhibit! If you are in London, I recommend you head down to Harvey Nichols as the collection will be on display until the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment