Monday 27 February 2012

Oscars 2012: Giuliana Rancic tweets a sneak peek of her preparations for the big night

It's a rare starlet that will allow the world at large to see them getting ready for a big event.
But that's just what Giuliana Rancic, 37 , gave her Twitter fans this afternoon.
The E! presenter, who had a double mastectomy in December after discovering she had breast cancer last year, posted a snapshot which showed her being primped and painted by a make up artist.
On your marks: Guiliana Rancic ''Excited 4 fresh faces on Oscar carpet! Here's a sneak peek at my look. Love the fresh face look thanks 2 DDF skincare''
On your marks: Giuliana Rancic tweeted this picture and wrote, 'Excited 4 fresh faces on Oscar carpet! Here's a sneak peek at my look. Love the fresh face look thanks 2 DDF skincare''
And her preparation all paid off, as when the anchor stepped onto the red carpet at the very top of tonight's event - she looked angelic.
Balancing her angelic white gown with bright red lips, Rancic pared down the theatrical nature of her gown with clean pulled back hair.
This also allowed her to show off some stunning diamond earrings; which helped her gown transition from bridal (a massive trend at black tie events this year) to ballroom grandeur.
Ready to go: Giuliana Rancic looked angelic as she arrived at the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at the Hollywood & Highland Centre today
Ready to go: Giuliana Rancic looked angelic as she arrived at the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at the Hollywood & Highland Centre today
The glamorous television personality revealed she could have died from breast cancer due to the fluctuating hormone levels encountered during pregnancy.
In fact it was a doctor ordered mammogram, which was a pre in vitro fertilisation protocol, that ended up revealing she was in fact suffering from the disease.
She told Michigan Avenue Magazine: 'Do you realize that if we had gotten pregnant, I would have been done?
'That would have catapulted this cancer into another level. By the time I was 40 or 41, I’m scared to think about what they would have told me.
'I now know the reason why I wasn’t ever supposed to get pregnant.
Theatrical: Rancic's heavenly gown had an flamenco air about it
Theatrical: Rancic's heavenly gown had an flamenco air about it
'People come up and they have sadness in their eyes, and I think, at a time when everyone’s looking at me with pity, I look at myself as lucky.
I think I just dodged the biggest bullet of my life.'
But she also admitted discovering she had the potentially fatal condition filled her with fear, especially when doctors decided to postpone performing a procedure on her left breast after discovering it had cancer as they wanted to discover if her right was affected as well.
She said: 'Every single second of the day I was thinking, I have cancer. It totally consumed me, and no one knew.'
Tie in: The E! presenter's earrings matched her incredible gown
Tie in: The E! presenter's earrings matched her incredible gown
The Italian-born presenter also said she had no hesitation in decided to have a double masectomy when she discovered both were affected, even though her doctor was not so convinced.
She said: 'He said, "Obviously your breasts will never be the same, and you’re also going to lose all sensitivity and feeling."
'He thought it was a more major loss than I did. I just thought, If that’s the worst, that’s a trade I’m willing to make.'
After discussing her options with her Apprentice star husband Bill and a group of friends she made the brave decision in October to go ahead with the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment