Wednesday 3 August 2011

Demi Moore on style and keeping up with her daughters as she's named new face of Ann Taylor

Following in the footsteps of Naomi Watts and katie Holmes would be a tall order for most women. But not Demi Moore, it seems, who has just been unveiled as the new face of Ann Taylor.The actress, 48, posed for phototgrapher Patrick Demarchelier in the brand's fall collection at one of the Rockefeller Center's rooftop gardens in New York City.
In a new interview to promote the campaign, she told how it was a label she has known since childhood - and that over the years it had changed beyond recognition.
Demi Moore
Face value: Demi Moore posed for phototgrapher Patrick Demarchelier for Ann Taylor's new fall campaign at one of the Rockefeller Center's rooftop gardens in New York City

She said: 'I feel like I've known Ann Taylor since I was a kid. I've watched the clothes move into support for the working woman.
Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
Fashion advice: The star, who is married to Ashton Kutcher also discussed her personal style
'It used to be a lot of suiting. I've seen as we've changed, that they've changed, reflecting on how we live as modern women, which is wearing things that take us from day to night. From workout to work to weekend.'
The pieces in the new collection certainly marry trends with its classic aesthetic. Ms Moore, who is married to Ashton Kutcher, wears a lace-trimmed top and trousers in the main ad with a cape-style trench.

She said that she was not averse to pushing fashion boundaries though, and her daughters Rumer, 23, Scout, 20 and Tallulah, 17, from her previous marriage to Bruce Willis, help influence her in this.
'There are things that I might wear with flats that they would put with heels,' she explained. 'They definitely stay at a kind of cutting edge because they're still in that experimental stage, which is important to remember.'
She continued: 'We have to remember it's OK to take risks. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.

'For me, I know there's a certain kind of balance of criteria. I like things that are classic. I want to know that I'll look in my closet five years from now and that piece still has a place. I don't have room or time for something's that just absolutely of the moment.'
At 48, she added that the rules when it comes to dresssing her age are no longer what they were.
'Some of the kind of unspoken rules of what we're allowed to do at this age, and what you can get away with, really comes down to what's in your comfort zone, what makes you feel good about you,' she explained.
Rumer Willis
Scout Willis
Tallulah Willis

Inspired: Ms Moore said that her daughters, Rumer, 23 (left), Scout, 20 (centre) and Tallulah, 17 (right) help her to push her fashion boundaries and take more risks
'I think a part of it is on average we're living 34 years longer, so it's really changing... There might have been a time when we would say, "Post 40, dress above the knee, I shouldn't be doing this." But that depends on the person.'
Instead, she takes her style cues from the past.
'I look at Katharine Hepburn, from the Thirties and  Forties and the women of the Seventies, Bianca Jagger,' she said.
'When we're young, we're finding ourselves, what we like. I can say there are certain things that remain a constant. I've always loved vintage. I've rested in a place that's classic, with a twist.'

No comments:

Post a Comment