Sunday 15 January 2012

New Artist To Look Out For: Labrinth

Timothy McKenzie (born 21 March 1989, Hackney, London), better known by his stage name Labrinth, is an English singer-songwriter and record producer. McKenzie is signed to Simon Cowell's record label Syco, becoming the first non-talent show signing in six years. Initially, he was tipped to work as a producer, but Cowell signed him as a solo act.
Labrinth made his debut appearance on the UK chart in March 2010, when his collaboration with Tinie Tempah, "Pass Out" reached number-one. This was followed by the number-two single "Frisky", another collaboration with Tempah. His first solo single, entitled "Let the Sun Shine" was released in September 2010 and reached number three in the same chart. His second single "Earthquake", was released in October 2011, and reached number 2 in the UK chart.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    I was just contacting you to ask if you could feature my song on your blog?
    Labrinth recently made a competition to remix his song "Last time", and the remix will appear on his new ep.
    I think, with some help from a short blog post, I'd be in with a good chance with winning!

    You can listen to my song on youtube here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawbjJhcEVY
    Or download it from soundcloud here - http://soundcloud.com/sir-berus/labrinth-last-time-sirberus

    And if you happen to feature it, please let me know! I'd be really grateful

    You can contact me at CerberusUK@email.com

    Thanks for all your help!

    ReplyDelete